Saturday, May 12, 2012

05092012 Dennis Ida Visit Deerfield


Click on the picture for the web album. Denis and Ida went to their niece's graduation in Ames, Iowa and decided to add a Florida leg to be the first to try out the Roberts  (private) B&B. It went swimmingly if I do say so myself.  We were very compatible-they love animals, enjoy a good siesta after lunch, good food, and a cocktail. In addition to seeing the sights in the web album, we enjoyed a trip to the dog park,  doing a little shopping,  a pretty healthy series of thunderstorms which coincided with nap time, a trip to Jason and Lori's and boat watching. I think they enjoyed my house-especially the Florida room where recliners, plants and soft Classical music are conducive to good naps.   We walked a lot which helped balance the hefty caloric intake. Being "of a certain age" we also enjoyed hanging out and yakking in all of the cozy nooks. I got them to the airport on Friday afternoon and promptly got lost in Fort Lauderdale. GPS'd my way home.  Great fun having old friends for company-who is next?