Monday, February 6, 2012

So Long, Farewell, It's Time to Say Goodbye

Drenching, quenching rain today. We needed it and a lazy day inside was enjoyable.  Gary Willis' Celebration of Life was Saturday. Jason and I went. The girls were packing for their cruise. Neighbors Mariela, Steve and Marcia engineered a wonderful reception  at Steve and Mariela's waterfront home for the celebrants of Gary's life. An enjoyable farewell in the sprit of the honoree. I made myself useful by bartending- mostly Mimosas, and Bloody Marys- not too challenginng, but the volume was pretty good.  Jason took the girls to Miami to board the Norwegian Epic.

Sunday Nicole and Andre came to me in answer to an invitation. They will be leaving John Prince Park next Sunday. So I got things "company clean," and prepared drinks and canape's. Andre hooked his computer up to my big screen T.V. and we watched some of the 2000 pictures they took during their 44 days in Europe last Fall. There were some great shots and I enjoyed the pictures very much. I took them to Hot Tomatoe (sic), my neighborhood Italian Bistro. They always remember me there and we got the royal treatment. The food is excellent.  Whether this was "bon voyage" or" farewell" only time will tell. They are leaving two months early and going to south Texas. Andre thinks Portugal might be a good place to spend next winter. So a send-off was in order. I hope I will see them again.

I had a great time and didn't mind having my Superbowl watching limited to the last 11 minutes.

Jason got word that Lori's grandmother Grange had passed away at age 93 in White Deer, Texas. Lori can't eascape her cruise even if she is inclined but she called her dad and mom. Jason is making the Pampa residence available to travelers and a big flower arrangement will appear for the service. So goodbye Mamaw-you were a great lady. Handsome and great kids, you had.