Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flatland Furriners!


Sherwin Williams top performers chillaxxin before they start barfin'
 Sherwin-Williams had a reward holiday for their top performers at the Boca Resort, (negotiated room rate $500.00 per night). My niece Sara and her husband Anthony came a little early and so we had some time with them last weekend. Jason picked them up at Ft. Lauderdale airport and we met at 234 on the beach for cocktails and dinner,  Sara seems comfortable in her own skin for the first time since I have known her (all her life)-very enjoyable visit.  Jason offered to take them out on the boat and they asked two other couples to come along.  It was minutes after they hit the open sea when two of the ladies started hanging their heads over the side. Jason turned it into a scenic excursion rather than the fishing trip it was billed as. He pulled right up to the resort dock to pick them up-very lah-di dah until the barfing began.
Jason's Sushi plate at 234 restaurant on the beach
Niece Sara with her her husband Anthony.

Sunday they were headed back home to Lubbock, Texas.

I finally connected with my friends Andre and Nicole (not the ones in the west but the retired cop and his wife.) He is a consummate fisherman and used to invite me to wonderful fish suppers at John Prince Park. I invited them down and cooked steak for them (that has always been our trade). They are looking great-very fit and enjoying their lives. Honey and Buddy played wildly, amusing us all and Buddy almost got stolen. They are working their way slowly back to Montreal after the 30th. I enjoyed seeing them. After a little time at home they will go to their summer place on a lake.

Some Wyoming friends are making tentative noises about visiting Florida. It got me motivated to unfold the sofa bed in the Florida room. I put those felt sliders under the legs so now it is a cinch to shift it a couple of feet. Then it will unfold and very little else needs to be moved. I went to Target for a little bedding- a soft-top mattress cover and queen sheets. It got a little test in the afternoon and I slept there last night. Very satisfactory. I think I will sleep there if I get four visitors at once. That leaves my queen and two singles and full bath in one wing of the house. I have a half bath in this end and with my nightly wakenings it will probably be best. Besides, it is a low bed.  and  the doggies can step right up.  Fun.

Matt finishes up Police Academy this weekend. I am thinking he will be glad it is over.
Lori is getting to decamp for Texas. Jason is working to get one of his properties ready to sell. His long-term tenants got transferred

Nephew Justin's  head injury recovery is not going smoothly. He keeps trying to escape the rehab place. Meetings were going to be held. We can hope and support but he is 24 years of age.