Friday, October 26, 2012

How's the Weather?

We left Florida in July with hurricane Isaac impending and here we are hoping that Sandy will give us a miss. The huge storm systems have effects beyond their destructive core. The rain falls at a 45 degree angle at times and the winds gust, riptides make the beaches unsafe, schools close and events are postponed.   My chickee hut stays pretty dry. I have been watching carefully because I have, of course, extended music equipment out there.

My left arm is coloring very impressively from wrist to shoulder- lemon yellow to deep purple. Happily, range of motion is greater and pain is less though as the day goes on, the aches increase.  I have been reading incessantly as it focuses my mind on something else. Besides, I enjoy it and have discovered a couple of $3.99 Kindle series that I like. I have read Rowling's A Casual Vacancy and liked it. She is always humanistic even when she takes apart genteel society in rural England ala Grace Metalious (Peyton Place).

Lori has gone to Texas for 10 days. Jason has been a brick-checking on me and making a grocery run.  He has a full plate with tilers, carpenters, painters and awning people to supervise. He also has a new business. He thrives on it until he doesn't and debilitating headaches set in.

The poor dogs are bored but that is what they get when they injure the leader of the pack. Juneau comes to visit and he gets them going-or vice-versa. They do play in the house and yard but the weather hinders that somewhat.

I have things on my to-do list but they will wait until I can hold a screwdriver, drive etc.