Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Orts

Fixed my computer: I Googled "computer stops suddenly" and found several answers that focused on overheating CPU's. So I got the vacuum and sucked a lot of dust out the cooling ducts. Voila!  Hasn't quit on me since.

"The north wind doth blow." A low temperature of 27 degrees is forecast for tomorrow. Jason says they will be back home this weekend. The chill wind reminds me of how that feels and why I like to go south.The time is nearing.

Rich's wife Val has raised some remarkable daughters-smart and fearless. Her two younger ones are backpacking through Central and South America.  Fascinating Blog can be found here  http://rule2-dontdie.com/     I have tested the link. Val's Facebook page gave the address but it took me a lot of time to make it work finally.

Closer to home, one of my blogger followers, (an old friend's daughter ) has started a blog
http://youcanseeitfromthehouse.blogspot.com/  She is a Seattleite (suburban area) with Wyoming roots. She writes vividly.

Saw an old school teacher  acquaintance (and I do mean old-but vital) who informed me that another former employee had fallen off a ladder and lay there until found expired.  Eila and Leora had coffee or tea at the Trailhead restaurant nearly daily since retiring. I joined them once in awhile to catch up on things. As Hank Laskowski,  English professor/ friend used to to greet me "We're ALL going to die."

Left my phone in the car for two days and thereby missed Rich wanting to schedule a lunch meeting on his way through. Drat. I hate to miss an opportunity to see him. He is having biopsies on his prostate. Doesn't sound like much fun to me. I think his insurance might be too good.

Getting the Van tricked out for travel. I am only taking about six things from here back with me. I am getting the hang of traveling light and of course have plenty of stuff in both destinations.

Buddy is driving me nuts-he is afraid he is going to miss something outside but then gets cold- 10 times in and out today.