Monday, October 15, 2012

Van Camping

No beans about it, we are at a TA travel center in Marianna Florida. Last night we put on the  dog and stayed at a Motel 6 in Texas. I put some improvements in amenities in the Van before I left: a camping pad if I want to get flat, and a hassock to put my feet on if I want to just recline. I was hoping to make to my old bolt-hole in Quincy at the Flying J but we ran into fog and this seemed good enough. We are back in the South and I am embracing it: grits, collard greens, making sure I specify "unsweet tea." There were lots of folks hawking their sweet potatoes from roadside trucks. And churches! There are so many sects and churches I wonder how many people could be in the congregations. As it is Sunday, I only saw a few full parking lots. Wetter and greener than in Wyoming.