Sunday, July 22, 2012

Great Day

Mike and Diana decided they wanted to cook at home for our Friday evening. Mike cooked on the grill: pork loin chops, mixed grill veggies-so good I over-ate of them, mangoes, salad- with Greek and avocado overtones, bread, wine.  This served in their sanctuary. They have done so many neat things to their home which overlooks Ocean Lake on one side, the Owl Creek mountains from their dining room. and the Wind River range from their picture window. Their foliage is mature, their outdoor spaces inviting. They  have been busy. So nice to see them enjoying retirement though they are still keeping a hand in-Mike is consulting and Diana has a third book in incubation. She and Mike did a promotional video that is very professional.

With a glow on from this encounter, I made my way back across the rez and as I passed Ethete, I said "Whoa, what is going on over there?"  The Northern Arapaho tribe was hosting a powwow. I went. I did not have an optimum camera for night photos but I tried. I do love a powwow. Watched three specialty dances, the tiny tots, and a giveaway before a grand Inter-tribal. This was a stroke of luck-the Northern Arapahos always "counter-program." They have their shindigs when there are other attractions for the looky-lous. Riverton was hosting a car show as part of Rendezvous days.

Now it is Sunday and after a "Charles Kuralt" hour on the deck, I commit this to you.
Posted by Picasa