Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Buddies

Buddy and Honey snuggle on the cool tile floor after a 7:30 a.m. walk to the accompaniment of St. Ambrose's bells calling the faithful to Saturday Confession. Coolish morning and each day brings some change in foliage or color. I like the jaunts and the dogs are insistent. Last evening I saw a young man picking something-off a big bush. It was some sort of Brazilian fruit- yellow, waxy looking like a green pepper. He gave me some to try. Sweet and interesting but not a new favorite. Nor are pigeon peas. I like to hit the local Food Bazaar which offers more ethnic choices than I have ever seen before. This is the one where the poor folk shop-a butcher, fish monger, South American fare. I have not tried the fish heads nor the chicken feet but there is a lot I am willing to try. Pigeon Peas are good but not very tender.

I am still repotting, nursing, trimming and finding places for Lori's plants. My little patio is coming together nicely. Greenery is nice to have and seems to do well for me.

Jason's car detailer is stopping by to check on me. Bankey is retired military and very sociable. He gave me a card: Star Detaling (sic). I am also the drop man for tenant Keith's rent. Both are representatives of "darker Deerfield," and I love it. Keith may be from Coconut Creek. The exotic attracts me like a moth to flame.
Posted by Picasa