Sunday, June 12, 2011

Walking in the Rain

The rainy season is having a hard time arriving here. It has been hot and dry. The yard man added some spacers to the sprinkler control because my lawn was drying up. The cycles will last 36 minutes rather than 24.  After three days of predictions we got a little rain here this afternoon. Buddy didn't know what to make of it-he was out in the back yard barking at the rain. After it let up I put on my hat and we walked-not very wet, kind of refreshing. Buddy kept taking shelter under Honey's tail. He makes me laugh.

I made pea soup Monday-tasty and fiber filled. Wednesday I was contemplating calling the ambulance--I was in enormous pain but finally got some action with Aloe Vera juice and warm water.  I skipped my appointment with my trainer because I was hurting so bad. I suspect my drug cocktail has changed things but as one who is conscientious about picking up after my dogs, we all seemed to have consumed cement. The dogs got cooked ham hocks but no pea soup.   Who  knows? I have invested in Activia and  Phillips Milk of Magnesia.

I dreaded going to the gym today-I had skipped since Wednesday and thought I would be starting over. The one-mile plus dog walks must be doing some good because I had no problem completing my workout-it fact it seemed easier than usual. I really don't mind the exercise but it is pretty boring-several people read or listen to their iPods. The gym has TV's  but no sound. I'm glad I broke the ice and returned to my routine fresh.  It is important to keep up.

My cousin Rose died this week-she was 84 and a sweet woman. She had buried her husband within the last two weeks. Both were in care and both became septic. I am a little curious about the coincidence.

I went to a store called Tuesday Morning to shop for plant stands-I have all these plants from the kids. I found what I wanted at great prices. They are really cool stores. They had a four foot tall St. Francis statue that I inquired about- It was $129. but it had a chip in it-not very visible. The manager offered it to me for 50% off. I thought about it and declined it when I checked out. The manager said "What do I have to do to send St.Francis out the door with you?"  Since I feel kind of shabby about haggling over St. Francis, I will just say we reached an accommodation. He has always been a favorite Saint. He goes well with my little Buddha fountain.