Monday, July 18, 2011

Busy Day

Walked the dogs at 7:00 a.m. met with a hopeful contractor ( friend of a neighbor) at 8:00 so he could bid on repairs to the house next door. Went to Ace Hardware for the last pieces needed for the gates next door.  The house has been empty for 3 years and recently the air conditioner disappeared.  The neighbor kids have used it for a playground.  With the gates secured, I got a "Beware of Dog" sign for over there because  my doggies  have run of the place now.  I thought I cleaned my house yesterday but when Jason and Lori's neighbor, Marcia, dropped in, my eyes got critical: I have been in the throes of DIY for so long the clutter had accumulated. Drills on the dining room table, etc. So I attacked that problem and got it fixed after Marcia left. It was good to see her. She is building a house so she was  unfazed by my bit of clutter.
Napped and fixed dinner for we three hounds.  The I loaded them up and we went over to J and Lo's house to do a perimeter check and take our walks. There were three coons in the yard across the canal. Honey was ready to chase them. We started for our walk and Marcia and Maximus joined us. Then Bill and Anoup (Terrier) joined us and we had a great walk on a temperate evening.  Bill has lost weight-drinking ice water. He has some work lined up.  All good news for him. Stopped at Winn-Dixie for some frozen yogurt and saw a mean fist fight in the parking lot. Called 911 but  an off-duty cop (he said) broke it up. A lot happened today..