Monday, July 11, 2011

Catching Up

I was once again tempted to update my Apple iTunes software and once again it destroyed my ability to connect to the Internet. I did a rollback to no avail. Two consecutive days with Verizon technical asistance followed. The last helper told me it was time for a new computer. But I had learned enough to try a few things. I got my Internet Connection working and have both Internet and iTunes on my little netbook computer which operates on the XP Windows version. So I am back in business AND can enjoy my considerable investment in my music collection.

Jason came to town for a few days to collect some stuff for the Alaskan Cruise (like cameras!) and complete the deal on the house next door to me. It was a bank repo which had $16,000 worth of liens from the city for code violations. It needs some work but he got it at a terrific price, thanks to his patience. They tried to stampede him more than once but Jason is a cool customer. I'll take him to the airport in the morning. The excitement is mounting for the cruise. Lori and Jason, her brother, wife and kids are going, Matt and Audrey and Eve are going. Our friend Trish is also going. I hope they have a ball. Whiners and party poopers over the rail! Bon Voyage Saturday.

Jason and I had good times together-explored some new restaurants. Y'all come-I know some goodies! He is not a shopper but I coaxed him into Big Lots and a Ross's. I love a bargain. Bought some stereo speakers/amplifier for the netbook for $20.00.

It is warm here. We go earlier and earlier for our morning walk and later and later for our evening walk. I bought a nylon windbreaker at a tourist trap so I could walk the doggies in light rain anyway. They got a little soggy and then they got fluffy. Enjoyable.

A blog entry focussed on the 4th of July went into blogosphere oblivion because of my computer problems. The picture above was taken in my front yard. I had planned to go the beach for the fireworks display on the pier. The traffic was crazy so I came home. Turns out my neighbors-the sniper cop and the glass installer are the Clark Griswolds of July 4th. Very impressive competition. The current collection of dogs are not much bothered by fireworks.

I have been testing the Kindle-the battery is supposed to last a month. I got a huge collection of classic mysteries for a pittance. I have been living with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson for several days. I think they might be gay. No skin off my nose.
Posted by Picasa