Friday, July 22, 2011

"You are doing very well."

"You are doing very well." are just the words you want to hear from your Doctor. Dr. Cohn warned me we would only have an hour. Only? Only! I've lost 5 pounds, have some drug side effects but overall I am doing well. Doesn't change the diagnosis, I told him: "Old, overweight and ugly."

Dr. Cohn's office is way west and a trip down the 441 brings me to a Super Wal-Mart. I bought a lot-so much cheaper than Publix and Winn-Dixie.  Bought some cheap(er) pots for re-potting. My yard is looking fabulous if I do say so myself. All credit to Jason and Dean. I restored order to the shed. Found some of Robbie's treasures behind some big sheets of plywood.

Napped after lunch and woke up to a gully washer rainstorm. It is drizzling now. A pleasant soft rain to water the plants. The lightning shows have been spectacular.

I've hit the Internet several times to follow the adventures of the Norwegian Pearl.  I've had a couple of SMS messages from Jason when they have been in port. Ship Internet is very pricy so he finds wifi ashore to play Word and shoot me a note.. I think their little soiree is a huge success. Unless I miss my guess they are headed South today.

Cuz Donna (Denver) evidently wrecked her knee in a fall. Friend Jackie (Casper) got dumped from a horse and has a hairline fracture in her pelvis. I (Florida) strained something in my shoulder yanking on a palm frond. We birds of a feather age-wise need to be kinder to our bodies. Getting brittle.