Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nothing Startling

Life is progressing much as one expects. Playing with dogs, going to appointments, dining, window shopping.  I am getting familiar with this neck of the woods and found my way to a different Wal-Mart for glucose test strips and $5.00 shorts.

Lori is busy clipping pix from her designer magazines for my consideration. My house has a 12 foot high masonry wall in the back which presents itself as a blank canvas and we have both been imagining things to do with it. As I remember the yard, it is pretty big. I will know more Monday when the deal is closed.

Using Jason's connections with Walter at Brandsmart I bought a washer and dryer for a good price. Two salesmen assured me  of better efficiency and longevity although the latter does concern not me much. I think this will be last set no matter what. I am getting excited to start nesting though life here could scarcely be any better.

I gave up 10 vials of blood to LabCorp on Tuesday, per Dr. Cohn's orders. Very thorough workup he is conducting. The results are dribbling in. My coumadin is again too low.  Lori suggested and I complied, setting alarms on my watch to remind me to take pills. Then she has to tell me the alarms are going off. Coumadin is not helpful to hearing. I bought a 10 dollar hearing aid at Harbor Freight that helps a lot.

Miss Honey is progressing. My son would have made a good vet. Everything with Honey is a two person job. One holder/patter,. one do-er. Jason does thorough and gentle.

My weight and fluids were up yesterday and I did not feel very well so I skipped Cardio and went to find test strips. My weight is down and I feel better today. Got my Cardio in yesterday the old -fashioned way- shopping and hoofing it.