Monday, May 23, 2011

Amusements

Jason, Juneau and, possibly David, are headed for Texas Wednesday. Lori will fly next Saturday. They treated me to an "end of season" feast. The Fresh Market benefited as well. Excellent and a very pleasant visit. I will miss them. Jason felt badly about leaving the cleaning ladies high and dry so he paid them to do my house through June- he is a sweet man. We will head to see the guru this evening- he is back.

Neighbor Steve hollered at me when I was on my way in. His project has been repaired from its inaugural sinking. It really is a very beautiful model- very realistic. He is justifiably proud.

This sign (below) is near the Pickle Barrel Deli and it made me laugh out loud. I don't know how long Willie has held the Bishopric and what his relationship is with Pastor Butts. One can only speculate.


The Rapture failed to materialize. Please raise your hand if you were raptured. I'm not piling on "the Christians." My across the road family seems to take it all very seriously and they are examples of the better kind, if a little naive. Sharon is taking a stab at gardening. I went over for a tour awhile ago. She said she was growing some mescaline. I told her I thought that was illegal. My research revealed there is a mix called mesclun with some purple lettuce in it. She joyfully brought me a bunch of green lettuce, then headed to barter at the farmer's market Saturday. An hour later she was outside my picture window waving a sign that said "Arugula." We had a good laugh.
Posted by Picasa