Wednesday, January 19, 2011

01182011 FL Butterfly World



I took Thayne to Butterfly World Tuesday. I re-upped my annual pass. Thayne likes nature and such things so I figured he would enjoy the tropical adventure and he did. Click the picture to go to the album. We came home and met up with Jason and Lori and all went to JB's on the beach for a great late lunch and a glimpse of the hardbodies playing beach volleyball. Jason watches the weather being a boater and he figured yesterday as best for a beach day. He was right. Today is a little drizzly in spots.

There was a potluck dinner at John Prince Park that I was invited to attend so we went there in the evening. Thayne was a big hit. A Wyoming Cowboy complete with belt buckle was a novelty to the Quebecois. Andre disclosed that the movie "City Slickers" represents his idea of a perfect vacation. Thayne might get visitors. For my part, I was delighted to see so many old friends and have a chance to visit with them. I did not intend to eat but we did and per usual the variety and efforts were delightful. Home for an evening of television and Words for Friends. Words for friends is similar to Scrabble but it is an Apple application and is played with friends or strangers. It is addictive.