Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Time Changes

Buddy Miles had an album of that title back in my salad days. It is certainly true that Time Changes and it goes at a gallop when you are in the homestretch. Patsy and Joe bought a place on the west coast of Florida, Rosenbergs are getting a home in Atlantis, selling out in Delhi, NY, Therese and Rene are seeing some little improvements in Rene-he can string a sentence together again, Cheryl and Doug bought a place in Delray, my Casper Blogger friends are retired and looking at a move and my BIG news is my kids bought a house for me to use. Jason explains it as an investment. I explain it as a huge gift. It is a little gem of a house 8 tenths of a mile from their house. Just about everything has been updated, it has a good sized fenced-in backyard for the pups and it even has enough room for occasional visitors. I'll take pictures soon.

This will change my base of operations-I can be in Florida for a good long stretch-beyond "the season" and go to Wyoming and Oregon when it gets too hot. Help and support and my "medical team" is at hand. The kids have been simply magnificent. I'm less than a mile from the beach, Publix supermarket, Walgreen's, a Mexican restaurant I can take the dogs to, the library, the Pickle Barrel deli, etc.

With all the events since November 8, I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my mind around all the changes but I have always awakened happy and happy to be alive so "It's All Good."