Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life in Urbanity

Taking Thayne to PBIA was hampered by a crash that tied up traffic for miles. Because of the weather his flight was delayed 30 minutes so it all worked out. He has checked in from Wyoming so he made it home but his suitcase didn't.

The firetrucks came to a neighbor's house yesterday. We think storm damage caused a problem. I missed Cardio-Rehab yesterday. I was sleepy, arrived early for the workout and said I will just close my eyes for a minute- It was 2:10 when I woke up. A nap in the van-welcome sleep but not particularly satisfactory.

On the way home I stopped at the habitat for humanity re-Store which Jason had said was great for finding stuff for homes. I bought six chairs-pretty nice ones- for under $100.00. I think that scared him (Mr. Low Rent meets Mr. Quality Counts)  so they took me to City Furniture after supper. We had a good look around at the various styles and types of furniture. It was useful in establishing prices and values, too. I have been scouting a nearby consignment store. We have no real idea when the new house will be vacated. but a few things to put in it at the get-go will be helpful. Lori is fun to shop with. She loves the process.