Friday, September 17, 2010

Slow Day-but informative

It took 15 minutes of intensive labor but I got the compression stockings on. They are not as painful as the last time I did this exercise but the legs were a little looser this time too. The ulcer was not very pretty. I dressed it.

Beyond that, my removal of the swamp cooler triggered a right warm day for September 16th. I knew it would. The fans are helping cool things off this evening.  There was not a lot of productivity today. Brother Rich graced me with a "boredom call." When he is on the highway traveling for his work, I often get calls. He and Val are going to take the train to San Jose when Brittany graduates next spring. That sounds like fun. I love the trains. It it tempting to head south on the 29th to see the UP's million pound Steam Engine pull the circus train to Denver.  We'll see if the van is A-1 by that time. I Skyped with Matt this evening. Audrey thinks she is getting gypped because kindergarten is only 3 hours. She is ready for full days. Has the routine down and is eager for more. Matt also told me that Jason is driving to Texas with the four birds and Juneau. Lori is already there. They shipped their second best furniture to Pampa where they bought a 4br 3bth/ pool, house. I knew that was a thought awhile ago but I was surprised it happened so quickly and with so little fanfare.  I know that Florida's hottest in 12 years summer was tough for them. Lori will probably use the house for about 6 months of the year-enjoying her family in the area and the cooler? drier climate. They will go back and forth from time to time. I assume the 6 months they will be in Florida will coincide with my time there. They were pushing buying a house in Florida for me to use earlier in the summer but the prospect made me very nervous. I am a low overhead guy. The house is just the beginning. Sweet of them though.