Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Strange Day

Five ayem saw us up. There was no more sleep in me-it seemed very warm in the house and it was. It was warm outside: 68 degrees. Coffee was enjoyed in the dark under a million stars. It was awesome. As the dawn came, the temperature started to drop to the mid 50's. Poor Honey was hobbling so it was vet time. I got written instructions from the new vet and some rimadyl. The instructions were for confinement of the dog. Oh great! But it is going better than I thought it would. We had lunch in town and did some shopping. I have to say Wendy's salads even at $5.99 are terrific. They look better in person than the pictures. Surely enough for two people or two meals. Doggies had chicken nuggets-parts is parts.  That put us home in time for a nap. We all three had some bed time-resting the dog leg. It was a good nap. But then it seemed like I crammed two days into one. I am hoping for a conventional night tonight.

Perusing the news around the world, I wonder at people and their childcare. In Florida a two year old "unlocked the gate" and drowned in the family pool. In Australia they found a dead child in a washing machine and right here in Lander, WY a toddler fell in an open septic tank and drowned in waste. "He was here just a minute ago."