Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nectar of the Gods!

And whoever thought that it would be ice chips to set me raving.  I have graduated from the ICU to the Progressive Care Unit of Kearney Good Samaritan Hospital. My fluids are restricted. I had a bout of Congestive Heart Failure with a capital F. The last thing I remembered was Connie, the motel owner and two beefy cops entering my room and Honey going ballistic.  I had called but I was in such respiratory distress I was grunting.

The dogs are fine: my neighbor on the other side volunteered to take care of them. The troops arrived from Gretna, Nebraska and Florida. Dr Kutty has overseen the loss of  8.5 Liters of fluid. The Lung guy let them take out the tubes this morning. Dr. Kutty, the Cardio guy, says a defibrillator is a must, given the Echocardiogram shows even more loss of function which increases the odds of  "the big one." He seems a sound man and I am inclined to go for it at this point. These events are losing their entertainment value rapidly.

In the freezing cold Bob, Doris and Jason completed the de-commissioning of the Green Van today. I suspect Jason, the dogs and I will fly private to Florida. The new van will get there some other way.

Meanwhile my fluids are restricted and every ice chip is treasured.