Thursday, December 9, 2010

Road-ee ohs

The journey begins with white knuckles and a clenched butt. The road from Riverton to Casper was the worst! Snowpacked and slick for miles and miles. It took me three hours to get that leg past me. A driver for Rich's company said it was the worst day of driving he had ever had. That put me well behind schedule for a meetup with brother Bob near Omaha. (Gretna). Nebraska roads were dry so I hopped off Hwy 30 onto I 80. The infrastructure money being spent left me with a slack-jawed appreciation of improvements in 80. Much much better. After a nap at the Cozad, Nebraska east rest stop. We continued with the trucks whizzing past us. So I was completely surprised by the deer that we hit. Highway Patrol after 45 minutes, Wrecker after 2 hours. The van was taken to Turner's in Kearney after my willingness to pony up $65.00 to avoid being towed to Elm ?? population 1000. That was a good decision. Turner's couldn't have been nicer- Mr.Turner even found me a replacement vehicle. Low mileage (RELATIVELY) Chevy van. But I am still in Kearney, enjoying the Best Western Motel. I worked all day tranferring stuff to the new van but I play out. The air bag ripped off my wrist watch and I can't extend my elbow without considerable pain. Geico offered me a fair settlement. I should be able to finish up tomorrow and get back on the road. All schedules are off. Don't much care.

The doggies are fine, if neglected. Give them a king-size bed and The World Woof Wrestling Tournament begins.
Posted by Picasa