Friday, June 11, 2010

Name That Bird!

I think I can name two of the species I caught with the camera but I am not sure and I know I have knowledgeable readers. Meanwhile, I am having great fun. To my naked eye, so many birds are just birds. Photographed and blown up, they have identities. The purchased feeders are designed for certain types of birds but I was feeling sorry for the larger birds so I made one more feeder with a water bottle and a pencil. I caught a glimpse of the tanager but he eluded my camera. Maybe he will be back to the bigger feeder. I am learning a lot. Each new bird sends me Googling.

Cool, water-saving days here. The flood waters seem back up a little this morning but nothing like when they crested. The predicted rains haven't amounted to much. The cattle are looking for lush grass which is in my yard so we have been chasing them out. I don't begrudge the grass but cattle have been bred so large, they can wreak havoc without even trying.

I have figured out how to end Jeanne's SMS ramblings on Skype: introduce a topic she is not interested in, namely me. Day before yesterday over 100 lines on her colonoscopy. Yesterday about 50 lines on Rene and Therese and her own experiences with cancer. Then I mentioned we had floods and I had a long trip to town. One short paragraph later "Marc is calling me." Marc NEVER calls her except for meals. "St. Marc," I call him. I have my "invisibility shield" selected on Skype now.

I do need some supplies today. We will trek.
Posted by Picasa