Saturday, October 2, 2010

What a Croc!

To the erstwhile and intrepid deliverers of goods, USPS, FEDEX, and UPS, I now add JANET. She was greeted with Honey's usual ill-mannered barking. She was delivering some Crocs shoes. They were a birthday gift but I required a more jumbo size than were stocked. Where she found these I do not know but I have chased around the Internet looking for some in my size and drawn blanks. Inspired by the new shoes, I got out my Black and Decker podiatry tools, gave myself a pedicure, donned right size compression stockings, and my new Crocs which I find very comfortable and cool. This is a great gift. I think she had in mind they be would good for Florida and the bathhouse. I think they are great right here until the first snowfall. Then they will be put to use as intended.

I did order some stuff from the web's cell phone shop. The charger for my "Boulder" phone-my main everyday phone was erratic. The charger would click on and off. I plugged and unplugged, etc. Then I noticed the cord felt a little rough. Then I saw chew marks. I wonder who could have done that?  Verizon wants $30.00 plus for a replacement. The Cellphone shop wanted $2.99.  We'll see.

Otherwise it was mostly doggie supervision today. Honey is being very good but she is getting impatient to romp a little. The Tramadol is making her owly. We are just about off all meds.

My kindness to the Lucas newlyweds was rewarded with a homemade postcard picture of the newlyweds with the words "Thank You," emblazoned over it. The only writing that was on it was my address. I wasn't invited to the shindig, but I wanted to do something. Ember is really starting to look like her mom-very matronly.. I shall make a point of mentioning it when next I see her.