Thursday, November 11, 2010

Busy Day after it got started

Delicious uninterrupted sleep last night with the aid of the oxygen concentrator.  I was able to wangle an appointment with my Doc at 3:30. That left some nap time before then. Daylight Savings going off has me all screwed up anyway. I took my packet from Casper and was mostly interested in how I was supposed to access lab services locally to do my Coumadin monitoring. Casper did not modify my  normal prescription protocol but added some to achieve their goals of relieving pressure on my enlarged heart and getting a better beat out of it. I scored some free samples of Plavix which is a pricey drug that I may only require for a month. Wal-Mart is so busy that their prescription call in line had not even disgorged my prescriptions to be filled after an hour. I was fading a bit after a two hour wait. 

Dominos did dinner- the doggies were very impressed with the wings. I was up to my current trick-really hungry until that first piece of Hawaiian pizza got to my gullet-then it was all over. Hope it keeps well.

The doggies time alone cemented their relationship-they are snuggling each other now. Buddy was on top of, under, through, into, around everything. I take pride in being able to locate stuff in my messes. Perhaps, no more.

Thayne, is my " unofficial god child." I had told him there was burger in the fridge for the dogs. This morning he arrived with burger crumbles and bread for the dogs. He said our vet, Gunda, told him that bread and butter was a good treat for dogs. Thayne was virtually a silent child when I started hauling him to and from school those many years ago. His dad told me when I bought ice cream for him and my dogs, Thayne decided I was "all right."  That said, I need to find something very nice to do for him.